WELCOME to OAK PARK from the Guest Service Team Ministries.
It is our goal to provide warm, friendly, caring, and comfortable experience for Oak Park Church attendees and guests during worship services and special events. It is this exciting team of volunteers that impact lives and build lasting relationships by serving together on a weekly basis.
- Guest Receptionist Host Team provides a free gift bag for all Oak Park Church first-time guests following Sunday service in the lobby of sanctuary.
- OPC Greeters provide a warm welcome to all members and visitors before each worship service and Oak Park Church events. Greeters are stationed throughout the lobbies and at Sanctuary entrances to offer smiles, handshakes/hugs, and general assistance.
- S.M.A.R.T. Team (Sanctuary Medical Alert Response). The SMART Team is composed of volunteers from the health professionals’ field who provide appropriate first aid services to people who experience injuries or medical emergencies while attending Oak Park Church.
- Traffic and Security Team are volunteers who assist with traffic in parking lots and surrounding streets before, during, and after worship services and special events. Volunteers also patrol and monitor the foyers and grounds during the worship services.
- Ushers are responsible for helping to provide a welcoming and orderly environment prior to and during worship. Ushers serve as “doormen” and assist with seating, receiving offerings, serving communion, and responding to emergencies. They assist with communion preparation, auditorium set-up for worship services, and provide assistance to handicapped members and guests.
- Section Hosts assigned to specific sections of the sanctuary in order to build community with regular worshippers in their sections. The Section Hosts Ministry meets and greets members and visitors before each worship service.
- The Spanish Translation provides simultaneous translation to Spanish-speaking individuals (via headsets) during worship services and special events